Placement During Mosquito Season
If you place your tubes as indicated on our Mosquito Emergence and Deployment Map, use at least 4 tubes per area of up to one acre. Place the tubes as indicated in our examples below. DO NOT place the tubes next to each other in your yard, rather spread them out on the perimeter/ property line at least 80 feet apart but not farther than 180 feet apart.
Number of Spartan Mosquito Pro Tech Tubes Needed Per Acre
Use at least 4 tubes to protect any property up to one acre. For each additional area of up to one acre, an additional 4 tubes should be used.
The Mosquito Emergence and Deployment Map shows the approximate start of mosquito seasons by temperate zones based on climate data sourced from the United States Department of Agriculture.
Use 4 Tubes
- Use 4 tubes to protect any property up to one acre.
- Use warm (about 80°F) water.
- Bottled, non-mineral, non-sparkling water may be used to avoid potential water issues interfering with effectiveness.
- Shake thoroughly.
- Hang in the shade, along the perimeter/ property line of the property, in a tree near the trunk, on a sturdy branch, approximately 6 feet off the ground, and no more than 180 feet apart.
- Hang at least 80 feet away from where people spend time outdoors, since mosquitoes will gather around the tubes.
- DO NOT place the tubes next to each other in your yard, rather spread them out on the perimeter/property line at least 80 feet apart.
- If you have woods, heavy vegetation, or a water feature, hang at least one tube in or near that area.
- Ensure the water level remains between water fill level and water level low lines.
- Monitor for flooding after heavy rains — flooded tubes may need to be replaced.
- If a tube falls or gets knocked down and the contents empty, it will need to be replaced.