Placement at Start of Mosquito Season
If you are placing your Spartan Mosquito Eradicators at the beginning of mosquito season, you should use one box (two Eradicators per box) per acre.
Placement During Mosquito Season
If mosquito season has already started when you place your Spartan Mosquito Eradicators, double up to catch up by using two boxes of two Eradicators each per acre. After the first deployment period of up to 90 days, the mosquito population should be diminished, and you can use one box per acre for the following deployment periods of up to 90 days.
The Mosquito Emergence and Deployment Map shows the approximate start of mosquito seasons by temperate zones based on climate data sourced from the United States Department of Agriculture.
Ideal deployment time for the Spartan Mosquito Eradicator is based on weather, but a good rule of thumb is to deploy them after the “first bite” of the mosquito season. If you deploy them later, when mosquitoes are established, you should double the number of Spartan Mosquito Eradicators to catch up.
Enlarge the Emergence and Deployment Maps by clicking on the appropriate thumbnail below.
(1.01Mb) Instructional Insert
1) Prepare the Eradicators
- Remove Spartan Mosquito Eradicators from the box.
- For each Eradicator, remove the temporary white cap and fill with WARM water to the fill line indicated on the back of the Eradicator.
- Replace white cap. SHAKE THOROUGHLY. Remove white cap.
- Attach hooks to black caps for hanging, and secure black caps to the top of the Spartan Mosquito Eradicators.
2) Hang the Eradicators
- Hang Spartan Mosquito Eradicators along the perimeter / property line of the area to be protected, no more than 180 feet apart. If the property is smaller than one square acre, and there are no major mosquito attractors such as a wooded area or a water feature, hang the Eradicators on opposite corners of the property.
- Be sure to hang the Eradicators away from areas where people gather, since mosquitoes will gather near the Spartan Mosquito Eradicators to feed.
- If you have woods, heavy vegetation, or a water feature that attracts mosquitoes, you should hang at least one Spartan Mosquito Eradicator near or within that area, away from people.
- The ideal height to hang the Spartan Mosquito Eradicator is about six feet above the ground.
- The ideal place to hang Spartan Mosquito Eradicators is in a tree against the trunk on a sturdy branch, or just inside a bush, where they will be shaded and be partially protected from rain. This prevents evaporation and allows some water replenishment from rain.
- With proper placement, the mosquito population in the area will diminish by up to 95% within approximately 15 days.
- Did you use warm water? The Eradicators will still work if you used cold water, but they will not work optimally until the water temperature reaches 80 degrees. Once the Eradicators reach 80 degrees, they will work optimally.
- Are your Eradicators placed away from where people congregate? The Spartan Mosquito Eradicators attract mosquitoes and then eradicate them. If you have placed your Eradicators too close to where people gather, move them to a more ideal location in your yard, further from where people will be.
- Are your Eradicators in the shade? Placing them in direct sunlight can cause faster evaporation, thereby reducing the life span of your Eradicators.
- Did you use enough? One box covers up to one acre for up to 90 days. If you have more than one acre, you need additional boxes -- 1 per acre. If you deployed after the mosquito population was established, then you need to double up to catch up (use 2 boxes per acre), and then return to the recommended number of boxes for your property size in the second deployment period.
- Did you hang all of the Eradicators in your boxes? Each box comes with two Eradicators, and all Eradicators should be deployed in your yard in order to work optimally.
- How long have your Eradicators been deployed? Spartan Mosquito Eradicators last up to 90 days, so your Eradicators may need to be replaced with a second deployment if they have been out for about that length of time.
If you have done everything correctly and are still having mosquito issues, something has gone wrong. Please contact us today at 844.625.2742 or by using the form on our contact page, and we will get you mosquito free as soon as possible.
- Ensure the water level remains above the WATER LEVEL LOW line for optimal performance.
- If a Spartan Mosquito Eradicator falls or gets knocked down and the contents empty, it will need to be replaced.
- If the Spartan Mosquito Eradicator gets flooded due to heavy rains, kids playing with hoses, or for any other reason, you will need to dispose of the flooded Eradicator and replace it with a new one.
- Replace Spartan Mosquito Eradicators at least every 90 days.
Spartan Mosquito can help you figure out your mosquito control needs. Please contact us directly for our guidance on the most effective utilization of our Eradicators in any of the following scenarios: